Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Prize distribution




I was requested to distribute the prizes to the children who had taken part in the art workshop conducted by my friend and fellow aritst Sujata Tibrewala. Sujata (beside me) and M/s Shiela Devraj - Director APSA.
The APSA - ( association for promoting social action) Dream school children come from a deprived background like street children, rag pickers, newspaper boys, household servants, child labourors and generally children in distress. APSA gives them the education and opportunities that any normal child would have had at their age. The paintings were very expressive of their feelings.
I consider it an honour to display my paintings along with the paintings of these young children - especially because they come from special backgrounds.

No comments: